The long-awaited release of the remaining JFK assassination files has been delayed—yet again. The reason given? A national security review by government attorneys.
This development raises familiar concerns among those hoping for full transparency. If history is any indication, by the time these documents do see the light of day, any revelatory details may be thoroughly redacted—or missing altogether.
The skepticism isn’t unwarranted. Many recall similar assurances regarding the Epstein files, only to be met with selective disclosures and lingering questions. As a result, public trust in the declassification process continues to erode.
Reports indicate that the Justice Department ordered a national security review, with a deadline set for noon. However, as of 3 p.m. on the West Coast, there was still no update. Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi reportedly confirmed the delay.
For those hoping for a definitive account of one of the most scrutinized events in American history, the wait continues—though expectations remain tempered.
"JFK Files could be the most Divisive Event in Modern History"?? (UPDATE: 3-18 3:57PM)
“The JFK Files could be the most Divisive Event in Modern History…and you know that one person has said that after the Kennedy Assassination…that there has been no President…they have only been Factotums of the System…” -Jeffrey Sachs and Judge Napolitano (2024)
Really? That’s a reach! Right??? – Kenneth H
😳😳😳
— Liz Churchill (@liz_churchill10) March 18, 2025
“The JFK Files could be the most Divisive Event in Modern History…and you know that one person has said that after the Kennedy Assassination…that there has been no President…they have only been Factotums of the System…” -Jeffrey Sachs and Judge Napolitano (2024) pic.twitter.com/7MSWv4ZHf9
And Twitter (sorry....X!) goes nuts... (UPDATE: 3-18 > 4:40PM MST)
I’m off work. 2 beers down and no JFK files. This is un American 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/Qaz8heqhwv
— Nic Daniels (@nicdde) March 18, 2025
BREAKING: Over 1,000 (and 80,000 pages) JFK Assassination Files Released by DOJ (UPDATE: 3-18 > 4:51PM)
Trump Orders Full Release of JFK Assassination Records
In a move sure to ignite fresh debates and theories, President Donald Trump has ordered the full release of all previously classified records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
“In accordance with President Donald Trump’s directive of March 17, 2025, all records previously withheld for classification that are part of the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection are released.”
The directive, issued in alignment with Executive Order 14176, marks the latest chapter in the long-running saga of the government’s handling of the Kennedy assassination files. The National Archives, working alongside multiple federal agencies, has facilitated the disclosure in compliance with the president’s order.
“As of March 18, 2025, the records are available to access either online at this page or in person, via hard copy or on analog media formats, at the National Archives at College Park, Maryland. As the records continue to be digitized, they will be posted to this page.”
For decades, classified documents surrounding Kennedy’s assassination have fueled public speculation—ranging from Cold War conspiracies to cloak-and-dagger espionage theories. While some historians anticipate the files may provide long-sought clarity, others suspect they may raise even more questions. Either way, anyone hoping for the final word on what really happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963 will have plenty of reading material to sift through—now available in both digital and old-school analog formats for the full retro experience.
3 Responses
Release the files! What are they hiding??
Maybe the copier broke…they’re waiting for the Xerox guy to bring toner!
Docs released.